Margaret Ethier provides Professional Chairing services
for meetings of every size, from small board meetings to Annual General Meetings (AGMs). Using a professional meeting chair can benefit your organization in these ways:
- it diffuses conflict. When the work of keeping the meeting on track is done by an impartial third party, there is less residual tension and resentment after the meeting is finished. This helps everyone to "bury the hatchet" and go forward.
There is less residual tension and resentment after the meeting is finished.
- it's efficient. A professional chair will make sure that all parties have their "say", but ensure that no one party or faction is allowed to hijack the meeting or delay the outcomes.
- it ensures the validity of the process and the resulting decisions. A professional meeting chair will conduct the meeting according to established meeting procedures, so that outcomes are far less likely to be challenged on procedural irregularities.
- it separates the running of the meeting from the decisions being made. This is especially valuable for situations like disciplinary hearings and meetings where the Executive Board is being challenged by the membership.
- it frees the President of the organization to function in a leadership role
When the Issue Needs Your Leadership,
Call in an Independent Meeting Chair
In key meetings where your leadership is needed, using an independent meeting chair will free you to focus on the issues, not on running the meeting. It helps you to:
- ensure that decisions are not overturned because of a perception of bias
- focus on having your say
- impartially handle issues in a meeting that may have legal implications
- run impartial disciplinary hearings
Enjoy productive, cost effective meetings.
In organizations that change Presidents on an annual basis, Independent Meeting Chairing services are especially valuable to newly-elected Presidents
. As an added benefit, the organization can count on procedural consistency
, even if Presidents and board members change frequently.
Margaret Ethier, Registered Procedural Parliamentarian
As a Professional Meeting Chair, Margaret Ethier will chair your meetings within the scope of accepted legal and procedural boundaries, and alert you to issues that may require professional legal advice. Margaret will keep your meeting moving forward, while helping all parties to feel that they have been heard and have had a stake in determining the outcome.
Margaret is a relaxed, down-to-earth communicator who will help to make sure that your meetings will accomplish more, in less time.
Tough meeting coming up? Margaret Ethier can make it easier.
contact Margaret Ethier
see information on: meeting preparation services
see information on: meeting Parliamentarian services
Margaret Ethier provides meeting chairing and Procedural Parliamentarian services in the following geographic areas: British Columbia (B.C.), Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Yukon, Northwest Territories (NT), and Nunavut. Services are available within the United States by special arrangement.